Hog Slats – Concrete Slatted Floor Systems
Made with Harder, Denser Concrete
Hanson is the first dry cast slat producer in Minnesota.
Hanson Silo has over 100 years of dry cast concrete expertise beginning with the 40,000 tower silos we built from dry cast staves. We used washed sand from a local lake in the early 1900s, before wash plants were even invented.
Hanson’s hog slatted floor barns are made using engineered, dry-cast concrete. We use a low water-to-cement ratio that produces ZERO SLUMP concrete slats that are harder and denser for improved durability.
Most other slats made in Minnesota use a wet cast with a low frequency vibration table to consolidate the concrete. Higher ratios of water can create pores in the concrete, which reduces the strength and longevity.
Because we keep our ratio as low as possible, our hog flooring slats are much stronger than our competitors.
Call Hanson at 320.664.4171 for More Information About Hog Slat Floor Systems
FLATTER AND STRONGER HOG SLATS
Hanson utilizes a world class production technique to keep the hog slats uniformly flat. Instead of hand troweling, we use rotational screed to level the top of the slat, creating a surface that is much easier on your animals’ joints and providing better traction.
Hanson Silo’s standard hog slat gangs are comprised of four-inch thick slats that are four feet wide and ten feet long. Each slat is reinforced with high-tensile steel rebar and wire mesh mats for greater strength and increased durability.
- Farrowing barn custom solid panels both 4″ drycast and 5″ wetcast can be special ordered.
- Nursery and Gestation barn custom 50/50 solid slatted panels available.
- Cool cell ventilation solids not a problem for Hanson.
- 5″ Twelve & ten foot replacement slats will match up with barn layout.
- Custom length beams and confinement walls available.
Hog Slat Installation
HOG CONFINEMENT SYSTEMS
In addition to hog slat flooring systems, Hanson Silo can provide complete precast concrete hog barns. Hog confinement systems come with the following:
- Insulated precast walls
- Posts and beams
- Precast Confinement panels 8’, 12’, or 24’ long
Hanson Silo Company ships products across the United States and Canada. Whether you have a nursery, gestation, farrowing or finishing operation, we have the right solutions to help you care for your swine.
Hanson also makes custom solid panels. Call 320.664.4171 for pricing.
- Precast Concrete
- Agricultural Storage
- Bunker Walls
- Concrete Feed Bunks
- Hog Slats – Concrete Slatted Floor Systems
- Cattle Slats & Deep Pit Barns
- Grain Storage Systems
- Precast Grain Aeration Trench
- Fertilizer Flat Storage
- Feed Mills
- Commodity Shed
- Bulk Storage Guidelines & Bunker Calculator
- Commercial Storage
- Salt & Sand Storage
- Recycling Storage
- Misc. Bulk Storage
- Precast Concrete Wall Panels
- Precast Wall Panels for Car Dealerships
- Landscape & Recreation
- Shooting & Blast Walls
- Retaining Wall
- Picnic Tables
- Landscape Block
- EASY RAKE® Silage Facer
- Smart Manure Aeration Systems
- Big Foot Silage Packer
- Architectural Dome Roofs
- Secure Covers
- Animat Max Grip Slat Rubber
- Redneck Deer Stands
- Trioliet Feeding Technology
- TMR Mixer Feeder Wagons
- Stationary Mixer Feeder
- Tower Silo Products
- Silo Repair & Replastering
- Commercial Silo Repair
- Silo Rods
- Steel Concrete & Conversion Kit
- Valmetal Farm Feeding Equipment
- Autoration Robot Feeding Equipment
- Combox-Silage Reserve
- Silo Unloaders
- Belt Feeders and Conveyors
- TMR Mixers
- Bale Choppers
- Motorized Carts